NEWS

Terror suspect linked to letter bombs remanded again

TAGS: Terrorism, Crime

A 29-year-old man accused of sending a letter bomb to former prime minister Lucas Papademos in May and similar devices to top European officials earlier this year was remanded in custody for the second time in a week on Friday after appearing before an investigating magistrate and denying any involvement in manufacturing or sending the bombs.

The 29-year-old, who was caught last Saturday leaving an Athens apartment with bags full of weapons and explosives, claimed he had wanted to get rid of them, sources said.

His lawyer, Frangiskos Ragousis, said his client would appeal the decision to remand him a second time.

Online