NEWS

Elderly man hospitalised after accidental fire

An elderly man who used a candle to light his home in the village of Portes in Achaia after his electricity was knocked out by a storm on Thursday night was transferred to the hospital on Friday with serious burns.

According to sources, the man tripped and fell, knocking the candle over and starting a fire that spread quickly, leaving him with serious burns.

Another two elderly residents of the same village were transferred to the hospital as the oxygen devices they used at home for their respiratory problems stopped working.

Online