Elderly couple suffer serious burns in fire started by heater
An elderly couple in the Peloponnese suffered serious burns on Saturday after a heater they were using to keep warm caused a fire in their home, in the village of Didyma.
The couple, aged 88 and 86, were taken to a hospital in Athens for treatment because of the serious nature of their injuries.
Neighbors and firefighters helped put out the blaze, which caused some damage to the property. The couple was initially taken to a health center in Kranidi and then to the general hospital in Argos but doctors there were not able to help the pensioners.