Two of three Larissa students show signs of recovery after carbon monoxide poisoning

Two of the three students left in critical condition in Larissa, central Greece, after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning that killed two of their friends showed signs of recovery over the weekend.

One of the three was taken off a life support machine while a second was due to be removed from intensive care late on Sunday. He had been able to have contact with friends and family.

The third student is in a critical but stable condition.

Two technical college students died after the young men moved a charcoal grill into their home after cooking food. It is believed they did so in order to warm the house.

Their landlady said they did not use heating oil because it was too expensive following a hike in consumption tax last year.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.