The second of three students who were found unconscious after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning at the home they shared in Larissa, central Greece, last week was taken off a life-support machine on Tuesday.
The first of the three students showed signs of improvements over the weekend, while the third is under close observation but in a stable condition, Larissa Hospital director Ilias Skyllakos told Kathimerini.
Two students were killed by the fumes from a charcoal grill the friends brought into the house. One, Nikos Polychronis, was buried on Saturday. The other, Savvas Papadopoulos, was buried on Tuesday.