Third Larissa student discharged

A 22-year-old technical college student who had been in a critical condition since suffering carbon monoxide poisoning along with another four students at their home in the central town of Larissa was discharged from hospital on Monday.

Medics said the 22-year-old was stable but would have to continue his recuperation at a rehabilitation center.

Another two students who were found unconscious after inhaling the poisonous fumes released from a charcoal grill they had brought into their home for warmth were discharged from the same hospital in recent weeks.

Two of their fellow students, aged 21 and 22, died of CO poisoning.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.