NEWS

Elderly man believed to have died after eating toxic wild greens

The death of a 74-year-old man in an Alexandroupoli hospital in northern Greece on Monday has been attributed by doctors to food poisoning.

The elderly man, his son and his daughter-in-law were rushed to hospital after displaying signs of food poisoning, most likely from wild greens that the 74-year-old had collected from an open field and cooked.

Doctors suspect the greens may have been sprayed with a pesticide that led to the man’s death.