KEPs to issue new and replacement driving licenses

Greeks and foreigners living in Greece will no longer have to queue up at the Transport Ministry to get new or replacement driving licenses as the government decided yesterday that Citizen Service Centers (KEP) will be responsible for this task from now on.

According to a decision published in the Government Gazette, drivers will be able to get new permits or renew old ones at KEPs.

Foreigners living in Greece will be able to exchange the license from their home country at their local KEP if they are from the European Union, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Africa, South Korea or Switzerland.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.