Boy hospitalized after fire in home without electricity


A 4-year-old boy was being treated in an Athens hospital for respiratory problems on Thursday following a fire at his home in Larissa, central Greece, on Wednesday.

According to the local fire department, the fire was started by a candle that had been lit as the electricity to the apartment had been cut off due to the family’s inability to pay the power bill.

The 4-year-old was treated in a Larissa hospital before being transferred to the capital.