NEWS

Toddler dies of septic shock in Patras hospital

toddler-dies-of-septic-shock-in-patras-hospital

A 2-year-old girl died of septic shock a week after being admitted to the intensive care unit of the Patra General Hospital.

Although the child’s health appeared to have improved over the past few days, according to medics, she died after suffering an embolism.

The parents of the child, who reportedly had not been vaccinated, decided to donate her organs to other children awaiting transplants.