NEWS

Four dead from possible carbon monoxide poisoning in east Attica

four-dead-from-possible-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-in-east-attica

Four people were found dead in a room adjoining a livestock farming unit in the town of Kalyvia, east Attica, on Friday afternoon, news website Skai.gr reported.

Police suspect that the four victims, identified as Pakistani nationals, died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a makeshift gas heater in their room and are investigating the incident.

All four had been employed at the farm unit. 

In January 2017, three migrants died of carbon monoxide poisoning a the Moria reception center on Lesvos while trying to stay warm with makeshift stove.