History: The Athens base of architect Ernst Tziller, with the Caryatids on the facade, was bought by art collector Dionysis Loverdos in 1912 and eventually became state property 15 years ago. Once it has been restored, it will house Loverdos’s valuable icon collection, and become an annex of the Byzantine Museum. Condition: Mediocre. Despite looting, fires and dilapidation, the interior still contains wooden sculpture, murals, mosaics, fireplaces and even a domed chapel. Future: Architect Lazaros Georgakopoulos has already carried out a restoration study. The Byzantine Museum is making efforts to have the project included in CSF IV.