History: A relic of Ottoman Athens, this building with classical features was once the residence of Austrian Ambassador Anton von Prokesch-Osten. He conducted a notable salon that attracted the intellectuals and socialites of what was then a small capital city. In 1919 it became the seat of the Greek Conservatory of Music. After a long period of neglect the Culture Ministry bought the building in 2006 in order to preserve it. Condition: Very poor, with serious damage inside and out. The facade is covered with burlap and festooned with advertisements. Future: An architectural study is in progress.