History: The roofless shell of Aghia Eleousis Church was incorporated into a new building by Christian Hansen in 1837. Of singular architectural interest, it is among the first buildings with marble decoration inspired by Greek antiquity, in this case the Erechtheum on the Acropolis, rather than European architecture. It now belongs to the Archbishopric. Condition: Poor, damaged by earthquakes and neglect. Future: Renovation is in progress, with funding from the Third Community Support Framework (CSF III). It will house the Archbishopric’s library and become a cultural venue.