Terror group now targeting journalists
The terrorist group Sect of Revolutionaries on Saturday claimed responsibility for an armed attack on the premises of private television station Alter last Tuesday and issued a new proclamation, this time vowing to target journalists. In the proclamation published in Ta Nea, the group said that journalists were «no longer untouchable.» An extract of the proclamation reads: «Let the slugs of media journalism be aware that apart from the mucus they leave behind… soon they will also shed blood.» The proclamation describes the attack on Alter TV as «an ultimatum to all journalists.» «This time we came to your door, next time you will find us in your homes,» it said. In its first proclamation, the group, claiming an attack on a Korydallos police station earlier this month, said it was avenging the fatal police shooting of a teenager in December. Its new proclamation describes the first two attacks as «a prelude of what will follow.» The development comes as police struggle to trace the perpetrators of an attempted attack against the Citibank headquarters north of Athens last week. The more established Revolutionary Struggle is believed to have planted the 60 kilos of explosives in a car outside the bank.