Fraport seeks funding for 14 regional airports

Fraport seeks funding for 14 regional airports

The process for the concession of 14 regional airports, including Macedonia Airport at Thessaloniki (pictured), is resuming after the elections.

The selected bidder, a consortium headed by Fraport, is continuing its contacts with international banks aimed at securing funding for the payment of the 1.2 billion euros due. The German company’s partner in this consortium is Slentel, a unit of the Greek Copelouzos Group.

Fraport holds a 65 percent stake in the consortium, with Slentel accounting for the remaining 35 percent. That means that Fraport intends to secure 800 million euros and Slentel just over 400 million from the same lenders.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.