Major golf project in Bulgaria

SOFIA (SeeNews) – Bulgarian-registered Kabland, majority-owned by Maltese investors, plans to build a 53-million-euro golf complex near Pomorie, on the southern Bulgarian Black Sea coast, local media said yesterday. The investor plans to build a complex including villas, hotels, swimming pools, shops, restaurants, tennis courts, a horse-riding track, a polo field and an 18-hole golf course, Bulgarian business daily Dnevnik reported. The complex will be completed within two years. It is expected to attract over 5,000 tourists annually, the daily said. Kabland is 80 percent-owned by NGB Consulting, which is owned by Maltese-registered company Darnik Limited. The remaining 20 percent in Kabland is owned by the Municipality of Pomorie. Currently, there are four golf courses in Bulgaria, three of them located near Sofia.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.