MUNICH (AFP) – A Turkish man who had come to the rescue of a Greek man attacked by skinheads in Germany eight months ago has now himself been attacked, police said yesterday. Two skinheads struck the man in the face and stabbed him in the foot early Sunday. He managed to escape his attackers and flee in a taxi, they said. Police said this might have been a revenge attack, with the trial of two people who assaulted the Greek due to begin this Thursday. On August 30, two skinheads, aged 22 and 29, were sentenced by a court in Munich for their part in the January attack in which a Greek man was beaten up and Turks who ran to defend him were attacked. The 22-year-old was given a two-year suspended sentence, while the 29-year-old was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in a psychiatric prison. They had been charged in connection with an attack last January on a 31-year-old Greek led by an 18-year-old schoolgirl. Two of the Turks were subjected to a hate campaign on the Internet after German newspapers published their pictures as a way of praising their action. According to the bill – the fourth presented by successive socialist culture ministers in the past five years, and the second by Venizelos – which Venizelos said should be tabled in Parliament next month, excavation directors must publish a preliminary report within two years after the dig has started, and a detailed presentation within five years. The deadline for detailed publication of rescue digs (the majority of work carried out in the country) is two years. Archaeologists engaged in underwater excavations are allowed twice as long for publication.