A 42-year-old worker for Public Power Corporation at its lignite mine in Amyntaio, northern Greece, died of electrocution on Monday, the ANA-MPA news agency reported on Tuesday.
The father of three, an electrician, was ready to come off the afternoon shift when he and another two colleagues were hit by 6,000 kilovolts of electricity while conducting a last-minute repair. The 42-year-old was killed instantaneously. His coworkers were only lightly injured.
An investigation into the circumstances of the accident is under way.