The Revolutionary Struggle terror group, best known for a rocket-propelled grenade attack on the US Embassy in January 2007, yesterday claimed responsibility for two bombs planted outside branches of Citibank earlier this week and last month. In a written proclamation sent to the offices of the left-wing Pontiki newspaper, and due to be published today, the group said it was behind a powerful explosion outside a Citibank branch in Filothei, northern Athens, on Monday that caused damage but no injuries. It also claimed responsibility for a 60-kilogram car bomb that was planted outside the headquarters of Citibank on February 18 but failed to detonate. Police had already said that both Monday’s attack and last month’s foiled blast bore the terror group’s hallmark. They had also expressed fears that Revolutionary Struggle or the recently emerged Sect of Revolutionaries would strike soon. Kathimerini learned late last night that the proclamation includes an explanation of how the group intends to continue its action and draws a parallel between Revolutionary Struggle and the disbanded November 17. The text also includes a warning that the group aims to target media organizations as well as banking enterprises and a former New Democracy minister. The group also refers to the two attacks on Citibank in detail. As regards the car bomb, which police say would have had a devastating impact had it detonated, the group claims to have made a telephone call to a newspaper warning that the blast was about to occur. The police said no media organization informed them of such a call. An officer involved in the investigation into both attacks told Kathimerini yesterday that the force was having trouble finding leads. «We have no hard and reliable evidence that could help us uncover the identity of the perpetrators,» a senior officer said.