Dear Mr Papandreou,
My name is Theodore Vasilopoulos. I am 11 years old and I live in Athens.
I am writing to you because I have found a solution to Greece?s debt crisis. The government could build a factory that converts solar energy, wind power and waterpower to electrical energy.
Please try to convince countries that we owe money to and ask them if we could pay our debt in energy. It might take a while, but if we have that factory, we might become the most resource-rich nation in the world.
I have listed the advantages of implementing my proposal in point form below.
1) We would be able to pay back our debt for free.
2) We wouldn?t have to buy raw materials from other countries to produce energy (for example coal and petrol)
3) We would get the energy for free.
4) When we pay back the debt, we could continue supplying countries with our alternative energy, making a profit.
5) If the countries appreciate the work we have done, we might be able to stay in the euro.
I hope you seriously consider my proposal. Looking forward to your response.