Kotzias receives threatening letter
Referring to a threatening letter he received on Thursday, Foreign Minister Nikos Kotzias said on Friday in a tweet that certain TV stations and papers have slandered him for years so as to make him a target.
“They are annoyed that no one can hold me back,” he said, adding that they are moral instigators of these threats.
“I await the condemnation of the Holy Synod and New Democracy,” he said.
Earlier on Friday, Citizens' Protection Minister Nikos Toskas revealed that Kotzias had received a threatening letter which said there are three bullets for him.
Speaking to Antenna TV, Toskas said that the letter to Kotzias, which is in the hands of authorities, wrote: “We have three bullets for you.”
The letter came ahead of the planned demonstration in Athens on Sunday against a compromise solution to the name dispute with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) which Kotzias is currently negotiating
"We do not have to comment on how dangerous it is for someone to send letters because they do not like the way the negotiations are taking place,” Toskas said, adding that authorities are searching for evidence as to who sent the letter.