Monday December 22, 2014 Search
Weather | Athens
13o C
8o C
News
Business
Comment
Life
Sports
Community
Survival Guide
Greek Edition
Lawmakers green-light sale of 66-percent stake in power transmission operator

Greek lawmakers on Wednesday voted in favor of a bill for the privatization of Greece's Independent Power Transmission Operator (ADMIE).

The bill foresees the sale of a 66-percent stake in the state-owned company, with the minimum 151 of the House's 300 MPs approving the decision.

The privatization of ADMIE will be completed in one single stage and will secure the states participation at 34 percent. The cost of the state's stake will be determined by the amount of the final offer from the private investor that will acquire the remaining 66 percent.

Sources told Kathimerini in December that the Chinese State Grid (SGCC), the biggest network company in the Asian country, and Italian power transmission operator Terna are in contact with the government for the acquisition of the controlling stake.

Public Power Corporation (PPC) workers are protesting the sale with rolling strikes and staged a rally in front of Parliament on Wednesday afternoon following the decision.

ekathimerini.com , Wednesday Jan 29, 2014 (16:24)  
Spanish bond gains push yield to record low as Greek debt rises
Low costs, yield hunt to propel long-term euro zone bond sales in 2015
Greek current account deficit shrinks in October
Energy shares and Greek rebound lift European equities
Bomb hoax at SYRIZA HQ in central Athens
The threat of a bomb being planted at SYRIZAs headquarters in central Athens proved to be a hoax. The partys offices on Koumoundourou Square were evacuated at lunchtime on Monday after a c...
DIMAR not poised to break apart, insists spokesman
Democratic Lefts parliamentary spokesman Nikos Tsoukalis has rejected a report claiming that his party may be on the point of breaking apart. This report is so far from the truth that I do...
Inside News
SOCCER
Special day for Abidal, lucky one for PAOK
PAOK scraped through its Livadia challenge beating Levadiakos to remain on top of the Super League for Christmas, one point ahead of Olympiakos that enjoyed a great game at Kalloni and offer...
BASKETBALL
Explosive Barca unfazed by Panathinaikos, bomb scare
Panathinaikos lost 80-67 at home to Barcelona on Friday in a rather meaningless game at the end of the first group stage of the Euroleague, but the encounter will be remembered for the bomb ...
Inside Sports
INTERVIEW
Klaus Regling stresses debt sustainability through commitment to reforms
BRUSSELS The man who is responsible for the loans to Greece as managing director of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM/EFSF), Klaus Regling, is the only high-ranking European official w...
INTERVIEW
Crisis of confidence will come back again and again, says Thomas Piketty
Hes treated like a rock star wherever he goes to lecture. His book Capital in the 21st Century, a study on income and wealth inequality from the 18th century to the present, recently tran...
Inside Comment
SPONSORED LINK: FinanzNachrichten.de
SPONSORED LINK: BestPrice.gr
RECENT NEWS
1. Bomb hoax at SYRIZA HQ in central Athens
2. DIMAR not poised to break apart, insists spokesman
3. SYRIZA offices in Athens evacuated after bomb threat
4. Spanish bond gains push yield to record low as Greek debt rises
5. Low costs, yield hunt to propel long-term euro zone bond sales in 2015
6. Greek parliament vote in balance after Samaras election offer
more news
Today
This Week
1. Prosecutor gathers depositions in Independent Greeks 'bribe' probe
2. Euro shaky on ECB and Greece, dollar keeps edge
3. Government accuses SYRIZA and Independent Greeks of 'clear alliance'
4. Draghi starts squaring QE circle in month of persuasion for ECB
5. Greek parliament vote in balance after Samaras election offer
6. Parliament's ethics committee to look into independent MPs' comments
Today
This Week
1. Samaras summons bond vigilantes with euro exit talk
2. High stakes
3. Europe's drama in Greece needs final act to avoid tragedy
4. A friendly yet firm message from Pierre Moscovici
5. On the edge but not gutless
6. Ship with 200 migrants off Pylos towed to Italy after passengers refuse to stop in Greece
Find us ...
... on
Twitter
... on Facebook
About us  |  Subscriptions  |  Advertising  |  Contact us  |  Athens Plus  |  RSS  |   
Copyright 2014, H KAΘHMEPINH All Rights Reserved.