Greece records drop in unemployment in September

Greece records drop in unemployment in September

Registered unemployment eased to 935,301 people in September, of whom 574,262 (61.40%) were long-term jobless.

Men accounted for 34.36% of registered unemployment and women for the remaining 65.64%, the Manpower Organization (OAED) said this week.

The number of registered unemployed people not seeking jobs totaled 11,991 in September, of whom 35.39% were men and 64.61% women.

The number of people receiving unemployment benefits was 137,197 in September.

Registered unemployment was down 4.96% compared with August 2021, while in comparison with September 2020, registered unemployment was down 8.07%.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.