At least three people sustained serious injuries over the Easter holiday weekend, two after mishandling traditional fireworks and a third due to a bonfire. The worst case involved a 27-year-old man who lost his right arm shortly after midnight mass on Saturday after setting off a homemade firework in Nea Peramos, western Attica. On Easter Sunday, a 15-year-old youth in the Cretan port of Hania suffered serious burns after trying to throw gasoline at a bonfire that held an effigy of Judas Iscariot. The bottle containing the gasoline caught fire, badly burning the youth’s arms. Later on Sunday, a 13-year-old boy was hurt after a homemade flare he picked up in the street in the coastal suburb of Neo Faliron exploded in his hands. There were reports of several people suffering partial or total loss of hearing after standing too close to fireworks going off.