Tourism ministry clarifies entry rules to indoor spaces for non-EU citizens


Citizens of non-EU countries may enter indoor spaces such as theaters, restaurants, cafés and bars by presenting their vaccination or coronavirus recovery certificate, in either digital or paper format, along with their ID, the Ministry of Tourism clarified on Wednesday.

Confusion had arisen as venue operators must scan the certificates of Greek and other EU nationals using a special app, Covid Free GR.

The app cannot read certificates issued outside of the EU.