Registered jobless in Greece down 6% in June

Registered jobless in Greece down 6% in June

Registered unemployment fell by 55,198 people, or 6%, in June compared with the same month last year, but rose 1.4% in comparison with May 2023, official figures showed on Thursday.

The number of the unemployed registered with the Public Employment Service (DYPA) totaled 866,449 in June, of which 493,463 (57%) were long-term unemployed (more than 12 months) and the remaining 372,968 (43%) had been unemployed for less than 12 months.

Men accounted for 285,532 (33%) and women 580,917 (67%). The 30-44 age group recorded the biggest percentage rate of unemployed (289,304 or 33.4%).

The number of people receiving unemployment benefits totaled 108,298 in June, up 3.2% compared with June 2022 and down 7.9% from May 2023.

Among the country’s regions, Attica and Central Macedonia recorded the highest percentage rates, at 35.8% and 20.1%, respectively.

Subscribe to our Newsletters

Enter your information below to receive our weekly newsletters with the latest insights, opinion pieces and current events straight to your inbox.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.